Thoughts on the announcement or "With everything, stir, stir, stir...."

Isaac pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:44:33 -0700 (PDT)

> Friday, September 08, 2000, 1:36:00 PM, Ralph wrote:
> > As a developer, do you repeatedly set deadlines for yourself that you
> > do not keep and do you ignore the comments of your customers?  I am
> > also a developer and I certainly wouldn't consider treating my
> > customers in that manner.  I've found that treating my customers the
> > way I would like to be treated is the best policy to follow.
>
>     OK, unscientific poll time.  Take a look at the announcement from BSW and
> then take a loot at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/aimsprototype/> and tell
> me which you're more confident on making progress in the immediate future.  :)
>
>     Shameless plug, maybe.  But I am really serious on wanting to know.

If you want my serious opinion. It is "I don't know"

BSW has shipping product, with very little updates since they acquired
PMMail (was the 0.1 increment really justified to give it a new icon and
change everything from SouthSoft to BSW??)

The developer of AIMS, while seemingly quite active and noisy on this list
;) is an unknown quantity. i don't know anything about the developer's
qualifications or past history. Anyone could write up a good sounding
plan, even me. :)

And....nothing there about AIMS on OS/2, so sorry, not interested at the
present time.

Isaac