Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Andreas Ludwig pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:43:50 +0100 (MEZ)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:28:17 +0100 (CET), Joachim Benjamins wrote:

>As i understand, the Gecko engine of Mozilla/2 (WarpZilla) is very easy to
>implement in other apps. (Like WarpIN - this supports HTML readme if i
>understood correctly)

Yes and no.

Yes, Gecko _should_ be usable just fine in PMMail/2 (when it's finally
ready, fast and stable). Someone (working for a quite important OS/2
ehm eCS vendor) even asked about the possibility to integrate gecko
into WPS. So Gecko could be an option - and I'd make it an option
(alternative: HTML stripping as is).

No, AFAIK WarpIN uses it's own HTML (1.0) renderer for the text
comments in the install files and not Gecko (do you think Mozilla/2
could be compressed into a
926.266 byte zip file together with the installer itself, all the tools
and examples?)

REgards

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of POTSDAM (Germany)