Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Hazen Woods pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:00:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:44:04 -0500 (CDT), John Thompson wrote:

>>>Until just a few weeks ago I would completely agree with your
>>>statement.  However, I subscribe to various news reporting services.
>>>All of them are now or about to convert to HTML format for their daily
>>>(or multiple emails per day) reports.  At this point I must refuse this
>>>service which cost me access to some of the information.  It is a PITA
>>>to have to open Netscape and run the risk of a crash to get my money's
>>>worth.
>>
>>Might it be possible to create a filter to feed html messages to lynx for
>>viewing?  This would be much faster than firing up Netscape, although you
>>would lose the pretty backgrounds and graphics.

John, thank you for the suggestion.

I am not at all interested in color, backgrounds and in my case have no
need of graphics.  However, I don't know what is involved in creating
the filter you suggest.  Is it covered in the FAQs?

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX
Sent to you at Warp 4 speed (FP11)
via PMMail/2 v. 2.10.2010