HTML Rendering in PMMail/2

I pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:00:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Steve Lamb wrote:

> Wednesday, September 13, 2000, 10:27:35 AM, Steve wrote:
> >     Really?  I consider it reasoned given even a cursory look at other
> > projects like Opera, Mozilla, IE, Netscape, etc, etc, etc.
>
>     Something I meant to mention but forgot to mention was the fact that of
> all the above browsers only one is fully standards compliant.  It also happens
> to have some of the "quirkiest" rendering of them all because the popular
> implementation of the standards are incorrect.  Opera.
>
>     That fact only supports the whole issue surrounding what constitutes a
> "standard" set of HTML to implement in an email client.  Even the browsers
> can't agree upon it /after/ the whole browser wars issue where "non-standard"
> tags were introduced.  Now we're dealing with different ways of implementing
> the same standard!

<gasp> I actually agree with Steve!
Okay, I take back what I said earlier about HTML e-mail. I'll take it once
everyone has settled on ONE standard for HTML.

Once that is sorted out, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to plug in HTML
to PMMail/2. I think one reason it's easier to do in PMMail2000 is that
you can access the IE rendering engine (correct me if I'm wrong), but one
can't do that with OS/2. Does WebEx have an easily accessible one

As for the other comments about HTML e-mail....as someone who uses Outlook
every single day at work and receives HTML e-mail from various services, I
can say I have seen and experienced HTML e-mail, and the only thing I make
use of is the URL links, which PMMail/2 handles quite nicely. Otherwise,
the mail is slower to load and doesn't add anything useful.

Isaac