Why this phobia to HTML mail?

Dr. Jeffrey Race pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 00 07:54:38 +0700

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:35:38 +0200, xavier caballe wrote:
>I understand that you don't like HTML mail.

Six months a year I am abroad.  I pay by the second for international
bandwidth.  HTML is redundant and costs me big money.  It also wastes
space on my drive.  (This is beyond the standardization issue which
is even more important.)   If people want html files they can be
sent as attachments with an htm extension and viewed in their
browser.  That's why we have browsers.  And by the way, I code html
and have learned the hard way (complaints from visitors to my sites)
that browsers parse identical code differently, sometimes even
mutilating the page.  So I am a firm believer in standards.

Jeffrey Race