Questions for PMMail Tech Support

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:10:08 +0900 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:46:07 -0700, John Bridges wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:31:53 +0200, xavier caballe wrote:
>
>>>And I keep telling people it complies with the Internet standards: text for emails, HTML for browsers.
>>
>>Is there any *formal* standard (such as a RFC) that says that?
>
>On the other side:
>
>http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc2110.html
>
>(I had a user send this to me who wanted me to support sending HTML mail)

As I read this it seems to be a document to specify how to mail programs sending and receiving should use URL links
in emails. Have I missed something?

If so then this is NOT a RFC/standard which specifies clearly how mail programs are to handle HTML. It permits HTML
to be sent but it does not define any standards for doing so.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... If 99 million people say a dumb thing, it's still dumb.