Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:44:47 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:41:32 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I asked a simple question, i.e. whether or not any new features are
>planned and if so what they might include.  BSW claims to have been
>working on the updates for anywhere from 2 to 8 months so I don't think
>that it's unreasonable for them to have such list and I was merely
>asking them to share it with us.  If they want to add disclaimers to
>certain features then so be it, but I fail to understand why you have
>taken it upon yourself to answer for them.  The questions were directed
>to BSW and I am specifically interested in their responses, although I
>certainly recognize and respect your right to post your comments and
>opinions.

All Fair enough! I was just getting concerned that the amount of
BSW bashing (not just from you I hasten to add) might actually be
detrimental to the future of PMMail, if the developers get too
upset, they'll go someplace else, and it'll be another 3-6 months
while the next set get familiar with the code.

I was simply trying to put "another side" across, there's no doubt
in my mind that in software development, making statements about the
future tends to land you in hot water, and ultimately can disppoint
users!

As an example, everyone's currently clamouring for HTML email
support. These cries are supported by a quote from the website -
the fact that there are huge technical problems in delivering HTML
mail, not least because the term "HTML mail" has no formal
definition, seems to be considered unimportant.

Simon