Questions for PMMail Tech Support

John Bridges pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:54:10 -0700

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:25:48 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>I don't use The Bat! at present, I might if there were an OS/2 version
>but there isn't.
>
>As you can see, my position on these things is unlikely to shift, I
>want to see PMMail work properly with the current feature set rather
>than add new features which are by definition impossible to write.

Although support HTML mail in the OS/2 version is unlikely (unless the Gecko
engine turns out to be easy to support), in Windows there are several outside
libraries to choose from for displaying HTML.

As it is now, the damn links don't even line up (where you click is often not
where the link is displayed, you have to spin the mouse around looking for it
to change shape), and often generates unreadable combinations of colors
(black text on a dark blue background).

Of course all this is dancing around an empty bucket waiting for it to fill
with wine from heaven debating what sort of wine god should bestow on us,
perhaps we should just move on, grow some grapes or visit a wine store, or
even try some free Microsoft ripple.