WYSIWYG diffs (was: Re: Questions for PMMail Tech Support)

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:00:06 -0300 (ADT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:35:17 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Written on Star Office 5.1 at home on Windows box.
>Saved in Word97 format.
>Viewed in Word2000 at work, page break off by 1 line.
>Viewed in Star Office 5.1 at work, looks fine.
>
>    The viewing part is important since both are loading the exact same fonts.
>What leads me to believe there is no mathematical reason is, well, there was

Have you considered that it's not possible for any program, other
than Word itself, to save or view a file exactly as Word would?

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor