Thank you. [Was: That's it, it is over...]

Michael Baum pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:57:38 -0400

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:44:20 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    What I need is someone to step forward as admin of this list.  I will be
>unsubscribing shortly.  I need someone who is familiar with basic mailing list
>operations to take over the day-to-day operations of this list.  Quite
>frankly, I've had it with BSW and PMMail and the /ONLY/ reason this list is
>not going away is because I have loyalty to the users of PMMail.

This is probably the opportune moment to offer my personal thanks to Steve Lamb,
who (I am reliable informed) is my priest and shrink, for his yeomanly work in managing
and maintaining this list over the years. While it's no secret that I have occasionally
disagreed with his wrong-headed and antediluvian opinions on Certain Issues That
Should Be Clear to Any Right-Thinking Individual, the fact remains that over the years
he has consistently delivered a high level of professional service to the List -- without
much in the way of recompense, one notes. I've managed mailing lists. They're a pain
in the neck. In the face of occasional vituperation, nonsense, back-biting and general
rowdiness, Steve has been a voice of (occasionally tart) more-or-less reason (q.v.
Certain Issues). And probity. I've benefitted from his association with this list.

Long-winded way of saying thanks, and good fortune.

-maab

[I thought about composing this letter in ed in Steve's honor, but Common Sense
prevailed. :)]

maabaum <michael.baum@nist.gov>

"No Give and Take," Eeyore went on. "No Exchange of Thought:
'Hallo--What'--I mean, it gets you nowhere, particularly if the other
person's tail is only just in sight for the second half of the conversation."
				_The House at Pooh Corner_