Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:23:47 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:53:13 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> And what standard specifies this behaviour - oh yes, NONE AT ALL!
>
>    On the other hand you must admit it is the sane thing to do considering
>the security issues surrounding nabbing files off the internet in a push
>technology like email.  TB! has been quite security concious in that regard.

Agreed - it may well be a sane thing to do, I was just illustrating the
fact that this behaviour isn't defined anywhere. It also may not suit
all purposes (e.g. if the links are to docs on an intranet, the recipient
won't be able to access them unless he's on the same intranet - that may
or may not be the sendor's intention!).

But, hey, I know I'm preaching to the converted!

Simon