I did it! I did it! (was: Please, let me poke my eyes out...)

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:55:03 -0300

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 12:33:57 +0200, gomez wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:21:07 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:
>
>>"your contacts will not only appreciate your creativity, they will
>>also be impressed."
>
>oh yes, "impressed", that's the word ;)

Woo HOO! I downloaded IncrediMail and I'm now well on my way to being
the envy of all my friends and peers. You slobs using PMMail and
other clients just don't get it. You should see my email fold itself
up and fly through the ether on its way to liven someone's day. You
should see my dog cock his head and stare at my speakers when I get
new mail and the friendly puppy on screen barks the news to me!

Here, I'll send everyone on this list a little test. It's only 1.77K
for a message that says "this is a test". Just a sec...

Oh, hold on, I have to go resign from BSW so I can work at
IncrediMail.

Actually, in all seriousness, there's no reason why email can't be
livened up a bit. I think the idea of animating the *client* (not the
actual emails) might have some merit, but IncrediMail has really poor
implementation. It's all gaudy and big and stupid. Something with the
same strategy but more class or better design might be fun.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor