I did it! I did it! (was: Please, let me poke my eyes out...)

Gregory L. Marx pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:12:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:55:03 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 12:33:57 +0200, gomez wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:21:07 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:

<<snip>>

>Actually, in all seriousness, there's no reason why email can't be
>livened up a bit. I think the idea of animating the *client* (not the
>actual emails) might have some merit, but IncrediMail has really poor
>implementation. It's all gaudy and big and stupid. Something with the
>same strategy but more class or better design might be fun.

Bingo !!!
It bears repeating ...

"It's all gaudy and big and stupid. Something with the same strategy but more class or better design might be fun."

Seriously Trevor you've nailed it ...
IMO there's nothing wrong with eyecandy - providing it's done PROPERLY ... with style and class ... And that's where the rub lies ... What some
people consider tasteful, others cringe at ... 20+ million people use AOL ... Are they all devoid of design sense ???

Who gets to play design critic with these companies ???

Anyway, that's what I like about Warp ... for me, with the judicious use of a few WPS enhancers I can make OS/2's WPS be very tasteful and
nice on the eyes ...

Greg