Please, let me poke my eyes out...

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 22:06:13 +0900 (EST)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:21:07 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:32:10 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>
>>    As I said TBUDL is having an HTML Email discussion as well.  This came to
>>light.  I do believe this is the 7th sign of the internet.
>>
>><http://www.incredimail.com/english/index.html>
>
>Oh My GOD. I have seen the face of Satan and lo, his name is
>IncrediMail.

[chomp]

>Well I just went to the site above and among MANY things that horrify
>me, we have:
>
>"3D Effects : Feel the thrill of youremails being sent and received,
>just like in the movies."
>
>No! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! It has finally happened. That's it, I'm going to
>eat the Ice-9.
>
>Other problems with this service:
>
>"IncrediMail Notifiers will let you know that you've got new mail
>even if your email program is closed"
>
>Hmm... That sounds great. Pretty soon we won't even need to open our
>email programs to get viruses.
>
>"your contacts will not only appreciate your creativity, they will
>also be impressed."
>
>No comment needed.

Yes Trevor, I'm with you on this (including the deletia about the stupidity of computers portrayed in films).

I went to the site too and could not believe my eyes at the poor communications job they have done. Colours UGH!!
typography disgusting!! Another triumph of flashy superficiality over substance.

Ye gods you're right: IncrediMail - the mail program from HELL!!!! ARGH!! Kill! Kill! Kill!

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... I have a firm grip on reality. Now, can I strangle it?