Why this phobia to HTML mail?

Dr. Jeffrey Race pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Sep 00 13:11:11 +0700

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:55:21 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:>Haven't
>that?  When my customers send me messages using HTML email or carrying
>MSWord7 documents, do you think it would be prudent of me to politely
>refuse them and point out that they are practicing unsafe email by
>using means or containing content not standardized by RFCs?

You should not refuse them because that would  be impolite, but it
would be a kindness to explain politely to them how they are violating
best practice.   I often do this and have received many thank-you notes
from people who had no idea what they were doing.

I have a boilerplate script I now use for this purpose.

Jeffrey Race