OK, Rephrasing the Questions - Something New

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:23:23 +0900 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:35:44 +0000, John Drabik wrote:

>	I went to Warpstock this year (GREAT STUFF!).  One of the
>best presentations was on Odin, but that's not what I'm looking for,
>because frankly, the Dozer clients I've seen suck too.  But the
>message that came through was that WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.  The
>Netlabs site may be able to offer guidance.  I'm going there next.
>In the meantime, I offer each of you a chance to help me get started.
> Feature lists.  Flow charts.  Web resources.  Coding support.
>Documentation.  Pretty icons.  Hey, whatever!  Let's go!  Don't look
>back!  There's a whole big world out there.  Time to get going!
>
>John

OK John, here are some feature requests:

1. selective stripping of attachments

2. archiving
a) archiving of messages in a simple 1 text file per message format
[I know there is an external utility but it's not the same as having the program do it]
b) bulk archiving as a form of backup
c) archiving by selection and feeding references to an external ZIP utility (WarpZip, InfoZip etc)

3. tool sharing
a) address books are shared with PMINews but how about converting them into a form suitable for wider access (eg
database files, or CSV text files with a clear structure, searchable)
b) sig files and filters to be shareable with PMINews and other; editable externally

Just a start - I really haven't thought about this much. And I can't remember what I have already submitted to
previous calls for feature/bug-fix lists

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... OS/2, Windows/0