Java Performance/Python etc

Rodney R. Korte pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:54:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:28:13 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Tuesday, September 19, 2000, 11:20:42 AM, Rodney wrote:
>> I'm not saying, however, Java is a bad thing.  On the contrary, it
>> makes doing some tasks much simpler, and automates many of the things
>> one wants to do that are a PITA in other languages.  Shared libraries
>> (Beans) are an example of that.
>
>    As it was explain to me a bean is not a shared library, it is a class,
>nothing more.

Well, it is a little more than that.  It is a class that can be delivered
(the delivery mechanism is built-in) and loaded at runtime (like all java
classes) that can publish information about itself.  The former part is
the shared library part, the latter the PITA.   So, it isn't something
new, it's old technology repackaged to be much simpler to use.
--
Rodney R. Korte
rkorte@psu.edu