[OT] Evolution was NEWS FLASH!

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:23:24 -0300

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:12:22 +0900 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>Evolution is described as a non-personal process operating only with time, matter and chance. There is neither
>information nor any intelligence available in the system. Therefore it cannot "know about" a "certain end" ie it
>cannot be goal-oriented.

Exactly. I argued this with a friend for years and he remains
convinced that species somehow "know" what they need to do to
improve. What a bonehead.

>I don't believe in the theory myself but have had occasion to debate the subject.

Shrug. I can't imagine why anyone would choose to not believe the
theory of evolution. There is a great body of evidence supporting it
and very little refuting it, I assume (since I have seen a total of
none).

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor