OK, Rephrasing the Questions - Something New

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:32:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:28:54 +0000, John Drabik wrote:

>>As Steve mentioned, Polarbar might fit the bill.  I also purchased
>>J-Street, Polarbar's predecessor, and if it's still being worked on
>>after these two years, then it could provide the kind of high quality
>>cross platform email client you described.
>
>Ralph, I'm quite certain that JStreet is no longer being developed.
>Just before they closed it down they offered to give source code to
>anybody that wanted it.  In any case, it's dead.  But, read on!

Absolutely.  The code from JStreet was eventually turned over to the
authors of Polarbar when Innoval decided to get out of the email client
market.

> BTW, you can also get a free copy of Post Road Mailer (also from
>Innoval) at the Yahoo! site.  Why you would want to switch from one
>unsupported package to another is totally beyond me, however,
>especially since the source is not available I think.  Which is too
>bad, since PRM had some neat features (like the FTP downloads list;
>click a link and either download immediately, or add it to a list for
>later downloading.

I used PRM for a couple years before I finally turned to PMMail/2
because PRM was no longer being developed.  Of course, once I purchased
and started using PMMail/2, development on that effectively stopped as
well.  Overall, however, I am less frustrated by the limitations of
PMMail than I was by the limitations of PRM.

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com