Java Performance/Python etc

Rodney R. Korte pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:05:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:42:43 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>Java is far from perfect, but it's the very fisrt environment
>that allows truly portable distributed applications (e.g. object
>mobility across networks). In a way you can think of it as being

See, there I think you understand.  Java is not *just* a language,
it's an environment!  And the environment provides some great
things.  C++, for example, doesn't provide an environment, and
therefore doesn't provide all those great things (e.g. the things
you mention above).  That doesn't mean that someone can't
write that environment in C++.  In fact, there are many. (DCOM,
for better or worse, is an example.)

There inlies the problem, of course.  There is no universally
decided and agreed upon environment for C++.   Java doesn't
have this problem.

See the difference yet?
--
Rodney R. Korte