[OT] Evolution was NEWS FLASH!

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:15:29 +0100

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:14:09 -0700, James Marshall wrote:

>Trevor Smith wrote:
>>
>> Shrug. I can't imagine why anyone would choose to not believe the
>> theory of evolution. There is a great body of evidence supporting it
>> and very little refuting it, I assume (since I have seen a total of
>> none).
>
>Hogwash!  There is not one shred of credible evidence supporting it, and
>it defies the Second Law of Thermodynamics (entropy).

This could be  *even*  more interesting than Python++ and Lava, (and
even further off topic), if somewhat more difficult to understand.

Could you remind me why, confusingly, the fossil record can be
misinterpreted to show a multitude of species apparently evolving. I seem
to remember reading somewhere that this was a practical joke on the part
of the Almighty but I could be wrong.

I have never really understood why the various methods of isotope ratio
dating are all  in error by the same enormous margin  but I expect there is
a simple explanation.

It may well be that it is all explained in a book on in one of the libraries that
Simon has been telling us about....

David

>--
>
>James F. Marshall, Esq.