Religious wars, was Re: [OT] Evolution

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:54:15 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:56:14 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>>That's a joke, right, Ralph? Absent the occasional tutorial on
filter-writing, the PMMail list deals in almost nothing _but_ entertaining
religious wars of one sort or another. There was the recent html jihad, and
my personal favorite for Righteous Outrage, the 7x-fixed-linewidth
intifadah. Stamp out the religious wars and Steve might as well fold up the
list and resign. Oh, no, wait....

>I see that I need to start pouring some more holy water on wrt the
>70-something character linewidth ;-)

Why? What's wrong with 370 character lines? D'you mean some people
can only conveniently see the first 80 without scrolling backwards
and forwards horizontally and getting hopelessly lost?  Why should
anyone care about such users, surely they don't deserve email at all?

Everyone knows that email is ONLY for people who have the exact
same email set-up and habits as "myself" (whoever the particular
"myself" maybe)!

Simon :^)