[pmmail-list] fetchtime ?

Phil Kane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

>Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 12:50:33 -0700
>From: "Kenneth Porter" <shiva@well.com>

>>  Lookout -- rumor is that The Congress in its infinite wisdom is
>>  going to pass "double Daylight time" meaning we'll go through
>>  another hour set-forward in May.
>
>Oh God! I hate the regular time change enough already. Do you have a
>cite for this? Perhaps a bill number or a committee schedule? Where do
>I go to complain?

  According to a squib on NPR, The Congress in its infinite
  wisdom very quietly and quickly passed a bill, now signed into
  law, that PERMITS but not requires individual Western states to
  advance "Daylight" time (also known as "Advanved Time" in the
  communications industry) an additional hour, allegedly to
  ameliorate power shortfalls.

  Those of us with professional degrees in power engineering know
  that the best way to ameliorate such shortages is to build more
  generating capacity, the sooner the better, but that's a different
  rant....

--