[pmmail-list] lost mail after system crash

Martin Jansen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:30:59 +0200

Just a few minutes ago, my machine (Windows 2000 Professional,
Service Pack 2 RC2) crashed (like it often does ;-) and I
had to do a hardware reset to take it back to life.

While the machine crashed, I was fetching my EMail with
PMMail 2000 2.20.2300.

After the machine had rebooted, I fetched my EMail again just
to make sure that there were no more messages left on the
server.

After this was finally done, I had some duplicate messages
in some folders (to BSW: add a function, that removes duplicates,
__please__). That's not a problem because they were not that
much, so I could easily delete them.

But there is another, pretty wired problem:
One of my folders in one account, who was still fetching
EMail when the machine crashed, was deleted and all the
messages seem to be gone *Sniff*. The lost messages aren't
a big problem for me because they were from a mailing list,
so they didn't touch me directly. But I think that this
bug (?) can have bad consequences, e.g. when messages are
deleted that are of major importance.

Martin