[pmmail-list] Quoting

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 06:58:18 +0200 (MES)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:14:08 -0400, Gene Gough wrote:

> BUT, if someone can give me a technical or other GOOD reason I should remove the = from my quoted
> characters, let me know and I will consider it.  So picky, picky, picky... GRIN

  Dear Gene Gough, I am sorry for being so picky.

  There is certainly no technical reason. It is a question of style.
It makes it awkward to read - just look at it below:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:30:51 +0200, Gunnar Anzinger wrote:
>
> =>> > In case you (Kenneth Porter) want a newsgroup, please stop quoting
> =>> > with the equal sign. It doesn't add anything useful to your messages,
> =>> > on the contrary. And in newsgroups it will draw a lot of flames
> =>> > against you for violating the netiquette.

  I wrote this because get flamed a lot, since I use another feature
in the NetNews: my newsreader inserts the initials of the person
being quoted, so that errors in the attribution of the quote to you
or Kenneth Porter are minimized.

Yours,

Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main