[pmmail-list] Forums back up

John Thompson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:50:51 -0400 (CDT)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:12:55 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:

>I hate web boards, as I usually must wait for a page to refresh in my
>browser everytime I switch between the message list and the contents of
>a message. Broadband makes it slightly less painful, but it's still
>tedious compared to just switching panes in a newsreader. I suppose a
>better-designed web board could alleviate that, but I have yet to see
>one that's satisfactorily responsive.

I agree.  What was wrong with nntp that everybody decided to go to this
web-based discussion group nonsense instead?  I suspect it's a matter of
fashion: if it's not web-based it must not be good or some similarly
faulty reasoning.  I have nothing against the WWW, but it's not God's own
answer to every question possible.  For text-based discussion you still
can't beat nntp.

--

John (john.thompson@attglobal.net)