[pmmail-list] Error 10061

Lane P. Lester pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 06:29:16 -0400

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. wrote:
> Be sure and check the firewall if you have one (just checking).

Because I've been booting between OS/2 and W2K often, I'm not using a
firewall.

> What is
> the other mail client you have that is working?

The Bat.

> Have you uninstalled Outlook from that machine?  Just wondering,
> becuse if you do this it causes problems for almost every mail
> client except Netscape.

I'm not sure; I may have. But I've never had any trouble with The Bat,
and for some time after installing PMMail, I didn't have any trouble
with it. I can't think of any Internet-related thing I've changed
recently that would coincide with PMMmail losing the ability to
connect. It seems that =something= in my system must have changed, but
I can't think of anything that would affect one email client and not
another.

For the record, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PMMail.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia