[pmmail-list] A good email client for Linux

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 15:26:00 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 21:35:27 -0700, John Bridges wrote:

>>I know a couple of us were begging for a Linux version of PMmail months
>>ago but it looks like it will never happen :(
>
>What about using PMMail under WINE or VMWARE or some kind of Terminal
>Services client for Linux?

The wine apps database reports both PMmail and The Bat! as untested. If
either was ported to the Wine API I'd buy it. I don't see buying VMware
just to do email and as far as Terminal services is concerned I should
say that my need is for an email client on my laptop for when I'm
travelling doing teaching jobs for IBM.

There is no room on the Tpad for OS/2 these days, Win98 DUN is a royal
PITA that messes up my settings because I usually have to change
locations a couple of times. If there was an Injoy for windows dialup
would be tolerable.

I have to have Linux on the 'pad anyway because it is one of my
teaching subjects so....

Thanks for the thought.

>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?