[pmmail-list] SirCam Virus Filtering Update

Dave in Phoenix AZ pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 23:39:24 -0700

It seems this discussion of whose filter is best has been a bit overdone,
although it certainly has been interesting and explored the use of filters.

My simple filter has missed a few more, but its no big deal... they are so
easy to spot and you don't get infected by receiving the E-mail only if you
open the attachement.  I see the virus text in preview window and simply
delete it.  I am more concerned about any false positives which I have had
none, since it triggers my autoreply telling sender they are infected and
gives reference info to get rid of it.

The number of infected mail has dramatically slowed down the last few days.
My filter overall captured and replied to about 300 virus messages with no
false positives and about 4 that it didn't catch which I easily deleted
manually.

As previously reported the simple filter that worked well for me is simply:
b="in order to have your advice" & a="YES"

In theory it seems it shouldn't have worked that well, but in reality it
did!

The battle of the filters has been interesting and informative!
Dave, Liberated Christians, Phoenix AZ
Swinging, Polyamory Resource Center at http://www.libchrist.com
Promoting Intimacy and Other-Centered Loving Sexuality
Sybian for womens sexual pleasure