[pmmail-list] SirCam Virus Filtering Update

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 12:40:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 23:02:29 +1000 (EST), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>I thought the payload size was of that order. By the time it is Base64
>encoded it would be bigger. IAC defining it down to the byte seems a
>trifle pedantic, no?

True about encoding. But one needs to start somewhere and the actual
footprint seems to be a good place. I wasn't trying to be pedantic.
I've never really debated use of other values. Size and double
extension seem to be most reliable indicators. Everything else is ify
since ordinary messages could contain the text strings. No absolutes
here. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to specify a wildcard text
string pattern using ICSL i.e *.*.*
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris