[pmmail-list] A good email client for Linux

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 05:21:29 -0700

On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 13:57:05 +1000 (EST), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>Does anybody know of a decent MUA for Linux on KDE or Gnome. It needs
>to do APOP and XTND XMIT would make it really useful so I can send
>remotely.

You might check Ximian Evolution (http://www.ximian.com/). Evolution is
based on the Camel email class library. I believe it does APOP. Don't
know about XTND XMIT (which I use for one of my PMM accounts).

Here's a handy page listing security capabilities of several email
clients:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/mel/SASL_ClientRef.html

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]