[pmmail-list] PMMail Archiver

Boris Kirkorowicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:07:42 +0200 (MSZ)

Hi,
I wanted to shorten the startup time (several minutes) of PMMail by
reducing the amount of mails. So I used the PMMail Archiver and got
some trouble. First of all, nearly every folder contains only one mail
(few folders contain up to three mails). After Re-Indexing some signs
like the blue arrows (mails I responded to) are no longer present. Some
folders indicate some unread messages, but there are no messages marked
unread in there. The item "mark all mails read" (or something like
that) has disappeared from the context menues of each folder, and maybe
some more that I have not remarked yet.

- Is there another solution for that except restoring my data from the
  backup?

- Is there a working solution for archiving? Thomas Bayer, the author
  of PMMail archiver, said that he has "no plans to upgrade it since it
  is not a real big seller".

- Are the formats of the PMmail internal files (*.CFG, *.INI,
  FOLDER.BAG, FOLDER.UCT etc.) documented somewhere, so maybe I could
  write an archiving tool by myself?

Gruß                              Greetings
          Boris Kirkorowicz