[pmmail-list] Finding PMMail/2 [Was: Fetch All Accounts Doesn't...]

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 18:25:44 -0400 (EDT)

Excuse me!  I was not having a bad day until YOU decided to pick a
fight!

Well, here's the process I went though.  WHERE are the:
 1)  Announcements for OS/2.
 2)  Product descriptions for OS/2.
 3)  The "current GA" for OS/2
 4)  Mentions of Beta for anything, OS/2 or otherwise!

Here are the URLs for BSW:
	http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com
It mentions OS/2, but all references and comments are about
"PMMail2000."

So...
Clicking on "PRODUCTS" takes you to:
	http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/products.html
Again, no mention of any PMMail other than 2000.

Clicking on PMMail2000 takes you to:
	http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/pmmail/index.html
Yes, "OS/2" is mentioned, but no way to get to a description of the
product.

There is no SEARCH facility, so there's no help there!

And, since you brought up IBM, I certainly do NOT defend their
marketing of OS/2.  It was abominable!  But, on the other hand, if I go
to:
	http://www.ibm.com
and SEARCH for "OS/2" [upper right corner of the page]

I get:
	"1 - 10 out of 100 listings"
And, #6 and #7 provide:
	"IBM Software:Operating Systems:OS/2 Warp:Overview
and
	"IBM Software:Operating Systems:OS/2 Warp:News

Now maybe they are not going to any effort to market OS/2.  But at
least they are not HIDDING information about it.

And, as far as:
	"It was announced here several times."
...well, I have not seen any such announcement.  When was it announced?
 Please send/post a copy of the announcement if you have it.  Maybe it
will contain a pointer to some information about the product.

And,...
	"Pay more attention to announcements and the web site."
Well, I don't have time to spend watching their web site.  I PAID them
for multiple licenses!  The least they could do is NOTIFY me when there
is such an announcement.  [FWIW, IBM sends me an E-Mail of their
announcements every week, tailored to my interests.  Wouldn't it be
nice if BSW would send JUST ONE message to their PAID licensees?  I
don't think that would tax them too much.]

	"BSW is really something different"
Well, the certainly are!  SouthSoft used to provide links directly to:
 1) Version History
 2) Utilities
 3) Known bugs
So, I guess, just to be "different" BSW is NOT providing such support.

I will acknowledge that the SUPPORT link can be followed to a list of
FAQs for OS/2.  But none of the above items are addressed.  [Go there
and just do a FIND...]

So, before you divert attention from the real issue, try the links I
have provided above.  If you see something different, please send the
sequence of links [as I provided for you] so others who might be
interested can find the information also.
   [Ref:  Bruce Francis post:
	  Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:26:39 -0400 (EDT)]

May you also have an nice day...