[pmmail-list] Finding PMMail/2 [Was: Fetch All Accounts Doesn't...]

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:53:27 -0400 (EDT)

But, you ASSUME that because YOU have the answer that EVERYONE ELSE
does also. [A perfect illustration of the implication of the word
AssUMe.]

I have always accessed PMMail/2 information via the vendor's site.
Thus, I did not know about the PMMail2000.com site.  And, I probably
would have reacted to the URL as the site is oriented toward the Win
version of PMMail, which is obviously of NO interest to me.

If this is the 'official' site for ALL PMMail postings, etc., then
common sense would dictate that the VENDOR of such a product would SAY
SO ON THEIR SITE *IF* they were really *trying* to market the product.
One simple sentence containing an active link would have avoided all of
this discourse!

So, where is someone from BlueprintSoftwareWorks?  Why have they not at
least attempted to clear some of this up when the first comment was
made?  i.e., I still have not received a definitive statement/answer
to:
	Is 2.20.2300 a beta version of PMMail/2 or not?
	What is the latest GA version of PMMail/2?
In my view, an interested vendor would:

1) Want to STOP a thread like this one ASAP.
2) Want their customers to be as informed as possible about their
product.
3) Understand that a lot of Internet sales are made by word of mouth
[finger?] references and by a prospect that just lurks on a MailList to
see how happy the users of a product are.

Carl