[pmmail-list] Missing messages Re:

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:22:12 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to Richard's message sent on Sat, 11 Aug 2001 at 12:09:45
-0800. You wrote:

>I tried to re-index (One Folder) and one by one the headers
>disappeared.

This indicates that PMMail did not find the text file (.msg) in the
designated folder for each of the messages. Either the missing messages
were moved to a different folder since archiving or the associated
messages were not archived.

>Any pointers regarding recovering these mails.  There are some
>registration codes in the missing files.

You first need to find out if the message text file (.msg) still
exists. You can use PMMail's find function if you know something about
the missing message(s). You can use System Editor to view each of the
messages in the suspect folder. I've found it best to periodically zip
message files and then backup the zip files.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris