[pmmail-list] Finding PMMail/2 [Was: Fetch All Accounts Doesn't...]

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:43:24 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to Carl Gehr's message sent on Sun, 12 Aug 2001
at 10:53:27 -0400 (EDT). You wrote:

>I have always accessed PMMail/2 information via the vendor's site.
>Thus, I did not know about the PMMail2000.com site.  And, I probably
>would have reacted to the URL as the site is oriented toward the Win
>version of PMMail, which is obviously of NO interest to me.

>From PMMail/2 Main window, click on 'Help', then 'Blueprint Software
Works on the Web', then 'PMMail/2 Home Page'. This will send you here -
http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/products.html
On this page, click on 'PMMail2000' (Note: I think it should simply say
PMMail.). This will send you here -
http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/pmmail/index.html
On this page you will find
<quote>
We've done everything we can to ensure that the PMMail product line
offers maximum configurability and ease of use. It is available as a
native 32-bit multithreaded application for Windows 95/98/NT and OS/2
v3 and v4, making PMMail the ideal solution for cross platform
environments. Try the _trial version_ today and we're sure you'll
agree!
</quote>
Click on 'trial version'. This will send you here -
http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/pmmail/download.html
On this page you will find
<quote>
OS/2

Download PMMail/2 for OS/2 Version 2.20.2300: _US_ | _Europe_
</quote>
Click on 'US'. This will send you here -
http://www.pmmail2000.com/betas/pmm220.exe

>If this is the 'official' site for ALL PMMail postings, etc., then
>common sense would dictate that the VENDOR of such a product would SAY
>SO ON THEIR SITE *IF* they were really *trying* to market the product.
>One simple sentence containing an active link would have avoided all of
>this discourse!

Notification was made by a post to this mailing list.
<Partial header>
From: "Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr." <jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com>
To: <pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 09:29:48 -0500
Subject: [pmmail-list] 2.2.2030 uploaded
Sender: jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
</Partial header>

>So, where is someone from BlueprintSoftwareWorks?  Why have they not at
>least attempted to clear some of this up when the first comment was
>made?  i.e., I still have not received a definitive statement/answer
>to:
>	Is 2.20.2300 a beta version of PMMail/2 or not?
>	What is the latest GA version of PMMail/2?

BSW probably has not responded since all of your posts seem to be
combative from the very first post. The latest GA version of PMMail/2
is 2.10.2010. All subsequent versions uploaded for both OS/2 and
Windows have been designated betas. The current _beta_ for OS/2 is
version 2.20.2030.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris