[pmmail-list] Share Address Book

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:07:15 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 11:38:07 +1100 (EDT), Dr Graham Norton FRACP
Neurologist wrote:

> is it still possible to share a common -
>Address Book  - this would at least be a greatly efficient improvement?

You wish! The address book is the worst feature of PMmail and I have
begged for ages for one that would let me even distribute the
'corporate' book to everybody on a lan and let them keep their own
private books. No luck.

I'm losing clients to Lotus Notes /Domino because the Linux version is
very cheap as part of the IBM Small Business Suite for Linux. About
$1200 AUD ($US 499 IIRC) including DB2/Domino/WAS/IBM http server
(Apache derived) plus app installers for Win and Lin desktops and Lin
servers.

>At present we have an email server InetMail (Hethmon Bros) and this is very good.

Maybe Paul's new version will do some decent logging - that's the worst
part of 1.3x

In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
The Word of Rod.