[pmmail-list] SMTP Authentication??

Kevin Murphy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:50:39 -0400

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:22:32 -0400, Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Right now PMMail supports CRAM-MD5 followed by an attempt at LOGIN.  Peter has said he will add PLAIN in the very near future.

Hrmm, this does not seem to be the case, or at the very least something is going wrong with the re-negotiation attempt.  Is there some way that I can simply turn off the initial CRAM attempt?  This would
be very helpful, and I'm certain it would not be difficult for you guys to accomplish.  I am looking to cut over to our new mail servers here within the week, but without PMMail functioning properly this will
be a very difficult task.

If it helps at all, here is a snippet from my server's maillog when PMMail makes an attempt:

Aug 21 13:25:21 rockhopper courieresmtpd: started,ip=[::ffff:10.0.1.14]
Aug 21 13:25:21 rockhopper courieresmtpd: error,relay=::ffff:10.0.1.14,msg="535 Authentication failed.",cmd: AUTH CRAM-MD5
Aug 21 13:25:29 rockhopper courieresmtpd: error,relay=::ffff:10.0.1.14,msg="535 Authentication required.",cmd: MAIL FROM: <kevin@sargonps.com>
Aug 21 13:25:29 rockhopper courieresmtpd: writev: Connection reset by peer

And when I use Netscape, it works fine, but instead of trying CRAM is simply uses LOGIN, which would be preferable behavior for PMMail in my situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin

--