[pmmail-list] Fetch process freezes when starting web browser

Hayo Baan pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:53:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:04:23 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>My reply to message from Hayo Baan sent on
>Tue, 21 Aug 2001 06:53:38 +0200 (CEST). You wrote:
>
>>Whenever I start my web browser (netscape 4.6.1) from within PMMail, either
>>right clicking on a link or from Window|View in Web Browser, the active mail
>>fetch freezes (Fetching x of y).
>>Only after restarting PMMail does it retrieve the mail again.  As a side
effect,
>>the mails that were already fetched are fetched again and you end-up with
having
>>lots of mails twice.
>>
>>I'm using PMMail/2 2.20.2300 (I had the same behaviour with the 2.10.1999
>>version though).
>
>The above symptoms do not occur for me with PMMail/2 2.10.2010ga and
>Warp4FP15.

I'm currently using eCS 1.0, but suffered from the same behaviour under Warp4
and FP14.  Maybe it's a combination of other software (XWorkplace, SmartBar)?

Regards,
	Hayo

When it's time to stop living, I will certainly make Death my number one choice!

          -- (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent)

Hayo Baan        hrbaan@xs4all.nl