[pmmail-list] Reindexing

David K. Stevens pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:47:15 -0600 (MDT)

I recently moved from PMMail 1.96 to 2000 on the OS/2 (FP14, HPFS)  platfom. It works
fine except for a couple of quirks. Most importantly, PMMail does not remember the
indexing for one (of two) of my Inbox es, meaning that when I restart PMMail or reboot my
computer, I need to go through reindexing to show the messages and when I do so, I
lost the information about whether the messages has been viewed. Every now and then,
a message will be remembered - maybe one out of 20-40. I've tried some tricks like
manually editing the folder.bag header file to no avail.  The second problem is that in
some of the sub-folders below Inbox, reindexing causes PMMail to crash and
disappear from the screen. It restarts without comment.  Helppp!!!!

David K. Stevens
david.stevens@usu.edu
David K. Stevens, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor