[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2370 frequently hangs during fetch

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:45:35 -0400

I use Pmmail also with Norton.  Altho I have not had this problem
since last week when I too upgraded from 2360 to 2370, we had that
same situation in the past a couple times on one machine
(PIII-550/384mb ram).  I too had to change my 127.0.0.1 back to real
.com address to get past hang ups.  If I recall correctly,
reinstalling any version of Pmmail had no affect, but uninstalling
and reinstalling same version Norton antivirus 2000 finally did fix
it.  Inc ase this helps any...

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:25:14 +0200, Ulrich Jakobus wrote:

>Hello,
>
>last week I upgraded from PMMAIL 2.20.2360 to version 2.20.2370 for
>Windows. Very often now (about 5 times a day) fetching mail via pop
>just hangs, the status bar only says "Getting message 1 of 3" and
>that's it. With PMMAIL 2.20.2360 I never observed this behaviour.
>
>I have Norton Antivirus installed and fetch my e-mail through this
>program (i.e. the POP server is 127.0.0.1). When I have these
>situations that fetching just hangs, I can get the e-mails only by
>bypassing Norton Antivirus (i.e. change the POP server to the real
>server, then closing and restarting PMMAIL). Of course this is not
>what I want.
>
>Fetching mail with the Remote control has the same problems with
>PMMAIL 2.20.2370: I can get the list of messages, but if I try
>to retrieve, it also hangs (again through Norton Antivirus).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ulrich Jakobus

Mike, AC8V

              \\|//