[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2370 frequently hangs during fetch

Clint pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:56:10 -0400

The latest version of Norton Antivirus (NAV 2002) doesn't seem
to have this problem with PMMail. It works quite differently in
that the POP settings are not changed at all  and it works
automatically with *ANY* POP email client. NAV 2002 will check
both incoming and outgoing mail for viruses (configurable). It
is quite an improvement over NAV 2001! I stopped using the email
antivirus function in NAV 2001 early on because of email client
hanging problems, but I have not had any problem at all with
version 2002.

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:32:19 -0400, Gene Gough wrote:

>I am still running ... 2350 and guess I will stick with it as it does not have
>this problem.   I am also using the Norton pop3 server.
>

>On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:45:35 -0400, Mike Kilroy wrote:
>
>>I use Pmmail also with Norton.  Altho I have not had this problem
>>since last week when I too upgraded from 2360 to 2370, we had that
>>same situation in the past a couple times on one machine
>>(PIII-550/384mb ram).  I too had to change my 127.0.0.1 back to real
>>.com address to get past hang ups.  If I recall correctly,
>>reinstalling any version of Pmmail had no affect, but uninstalling
>>and reinstalling same version Norton antivirus 2000 finally did fix
>>it.  Inc ase this helps any...

Clint