[pmmail-list] PMMail mystery process pegs CPU

quaero@myrealbox.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:15:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I've tried all of the interim versions between 2.20.2010 through the
latest 2.20.2370 but have always been struck by the same CPU bug.  The
bug manifests as described below:

After PMMail/2 is started up, at a certain point in time ranging from
30 minutes to a few hours, PMMail/2 will peg the CPU at 100%.  Killing
it with any 3rd party process killer does not work.  Even in those
instances where PMMail/2 could be killed, the CPU remains at 100%.
This is very troubling as it effectively hangs the desktop and renders
PMMail/2 useless for my needs.

My configuration:

128 Mb RAM
PIII
OS/2 MCP with FP1

So far the last stable 'bug free' version is 2.20.2010.  However SMTP
authentication is somewhat screwy with that version while it has been
greatly improved in the latest 2.20.2370.  Unfortunately, this CPU
pegging bug is preventing me from being able to use it.

I'd appreciate it if anyone on the list can help me out with this one.

Thanks

Nick