[pmmail-list] Bugs in PMMail

Martin Jansen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:02:48 +0200

Hi,

in this message I'm going to list some bugs I've found in PMMail.
Hopefully someone will fix them one time :-).

1.:  Strange line breaks at end of message

When I write a message and storing it in Outbox, three line breaks
are appended to the end of the message. When I open the message
again and then store it in Outbox again there are even more
line breaks. Those line breaks don't look very good and are
IMO without any sense.

2.:  Tabs aren't displayed correctly when composing a new message

When composing a new message (this does not apply to replying or
forwarding messages) and using tabs in the body of the message,
the tabs aren't displayed as "real" tabs, but they are represented
as a single space. Later when sending the message the tabs
occur as they should. IIRC this only occurs since one of the
2.30.* version of PMMail.

3.:  Performance problem when using PMMail via LAN

PMMail acts __very__ slow when the messages are stored on a network
drive. In our company everbody using PMMail with the messages stored
on a network drive (due to backup reasons) has this problem. Does
BSW know why this happens or are there any plans on improving this?

All this happens on PMMail 2.20.2370 on Windows 2000 German
Version (with Service Pack 2 installed).

- Martin