[pmmail-list] problem with Rogers.com email

Dag Bjerkeli pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 21:31:16 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 00:20:34 +0000 (GMT), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 21:56:41 -0500 (EST), Joe RIcci wrote:
>
>>The new @rogers.com server balks at my password even though
>>
>>- pop address is accepted and pingable
>>- tech support can use my userid and password successfully to
retrieve
>mail
>>- the smpt send part with rogers.com works well
>>
>>Does pmmail do anything to the password that a server might
construe
>as changing it?
>>Is this a Rogers.com server the issue?
>>
>>Help would be appreciated,
>
>Why don't you try logging/examing the packets using "iptrace"
and
>"ipformat". You can then see where it is going wrong.

Have you tried telnet?  That could be of some help.

Fields marked with <> have to be replaced with info
from your case.

telnet <address of mailserver> 110

When you get a connection (sample session):

USER <your email username>
PASS <your password>
LIST
QUIT

Be aware of that the password will be displayed
in clear text there.  LIST will give you a list
of available mails there.  I am assuming that you
have a regular pop3 account.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

Dag Bjerkeli