[pmmail-list] Today's Oxymoron: PMMail Support

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 13:52:35 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:05:49 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 09:44:57 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:
>
>>Certainly Ralph can speak for himself, but I don't think it is fair
>>for you to state that Ralph is dissatified with _PMMail_ ... I do not
>>believe he is.  Matter of fact, I believe he is quite happy with it.
>
>I apologize if I misrepresented Ralph's opinions. I had an honest
>belief that he was dissatisfied with the current state of the code as
>well as with BSW's policies. I may have been wrong about that and if
>I was I am sorry.

Hi Trevor,

Bruce indeed stated my position correctly.  The various bugs and
shortcomings of PMMail annoy me but they don't upset me.  My company
owns multiple licenses for PMMail, runs it on both platforms and finds
it to be a reliable and flexible way to manage our email.  As a basic
cross-platform email solution, I think it's more than adequate.  It's
far from bug free and it clearly shows its three year old age but it
does mostly work the way it's supposed to and it still manages to
surprise me with some of its hidden capabilities from time to time.

What does upset me is the incredibly rude way BSW treats me and its
other customers.  Over the past two years, BSW has made a string of
promises and commitments which they have broken without comment or
apology.  Even more rude, is that when customers ask about these, BSW
simply ignores their questions and refuses to reply.  On those rare
occasions when the volume of the questioning gets loud enough, you will
generally jump in to assure us that you are completely ignorant about
anything going on at BSW or that you really don't remember what it is
that's being talked about.  What a load of bullshit.

So, while I do like the PMMail product, I strongly resent that using it
forces me to deal with an organization like BSW that treats its
customers like warts it is waiting to have removed.  I have
corresponded with you, Jimmy and Thomas on several occasions over the
years and have found each of you be pleasant, bright and articulate,
which makes the way that BSW treats us all the more astonishing.

JMO.

Ralph