[pmmail-list] Today's Oxymoron: PMMail Support

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 04:23:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:44:15 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>I thought it was clear.
>You included the phrase in your question!
>	"WYSIAYWEG
>	[WYSI...All You Will Ever Get]"
>
>	"What You See Is All You Will Ever Get"
>	 -    -   -   -  -   -   -    -    -
>
>[I decided to coin it early, because it seems that this is likely to be
>an ongoing refrain for the foreseeable future.]

This is obviously in reference to the OS/2 version of PMMail ... but I'm not too sure I agree ...
One of the best things about having Peter Nielson joining the BSW staff is his awesome programming ability ... His application PMView has
most of the controls rewritten ... Pete always complained that the standard controls as supplied by the libraries he uses were either too buggy
or just didn't do what he wanted for PMView ... so he rewrote them ...

Personally, when I heard he was hired by BSW the first thing I thought was that he could (and hopefully would) do the same for PMMail ...
So with that in mind, I'm still hoping he will be able to make the OS/2 version be on par with the Windows version ...

Wishful thinking I know ... but what the heck ...
Tis the Season ...

Greg