[pmmail-list] Dialogs

Warner Young pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:57:09 -0800

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 17:02:56 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 15:47:07 +0100, Menno Tillema wrote:
>
>>OS/2 version. This is rather annoying, because in OS/2 I press the
>>spacebar for [OK] and in the Windows version I press the spacebar for
>>[cancel]. It confuses me a lot, because I use both versions alternatly.
>>Is this something toy could fix in PMMail or is it a standard behaviour
>>depening on the OS?
>
>I'm not sure. It sounds OS-specific. Anyone?

I don't know enough about OS/2, but in Windows, you can definitely
choose which button is default.  With a dialog, you can either re-order
the buttons, or you can put in a bit of code that selects a button or
control as the default.

While we're talking about dialogs, I'd like to mention that the Search
dialog in Windows seems a bit screwy.  It's the only dialog that uses
all fixed-space fonts for some reason, and it causes some of the
controls to be cropped.

-Warner Young