[pmmail-list] Thin Exchange Watchdog?

John Moore pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:34:32 -0500 (EST)

It's been some time now, but I think that all that was
necessary was to put the name of the server that was running
Exchange under the POP3 and SMTP settings under "Account
Settings."  Under POP, you will also need to put in your LAN
user name and password.

Microsoft's IIS (Internet Information Server?) includes both
a POP3 and an SMTP server.  As I recall, PMMail could
resolve the address as long as you gave it the network name
of the Exchange server (in our case, it was "Falcon").  It
shouldn't be that hard to get the admins to give you the
name of the server, but it may or may not be visible under
"Network Neighborhood" (ours wasn't).  In extreme cases, you
may need to get the actual IP address of the server and edit
your HOSTS file to put in an entry for it.

Good luck.

John Moore
Atlanta, GA

For a copy of my PGP public key, simply reply
to this message with the subject "Get PGP Key"