[pmmail-list] Thin Exchange Watchdog?

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:23:52 -0600

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:43:51, Brian Morrison wrote:

>So how about getting a faster hard disk? That would help in many ways,
>including making your compiler run more quickly wouldn't it? I assume
>that your company is prepared to invest in time saving measures?

That is, in fact, a poor assumption.  Buying a new computer, with a
faster processor, would also help, but capital investments are the
hardest fought war here.  Getting the RAM, at $60, cut my compile time
by twenty minutes (or more), and paid for itself the second time I
compiled the whole project.  And yet, it was like pulling teeth.

Great idea, thanks, but politically impractical. :(

Dave